Class B CDL Drivers
All-Points Waste Services seeks an enthusiastic, talented CDL Class B Driver to help our team in maintaining the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction through assisting in waste pick up on assigned routes. The candidate for this position needing immediate filling is motivated, with a good attitude in addition to being a team player. We are a group of work hard, play hard individuals. If that sounds like you, then this position is for you!
Essential Job Functions:
- Safely drive trucks on pre-established All-Points Waste Services routes. Gather and dump garbage within designated residential and commercial/industrial routes. Unloads refuse trucks at designated landfill, transfer station and/or similar type of facility.
- Provides highest level of customer service through punctual and courteous customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to customers and the general public.
- Ensures proper recyclable and garbage pick-up and transfer. Please note that pick up may include picking up at back door.
- Up-keeps truck, including cleaning inside and washing exterior on a weekly basis.
- Inspect/Clean Truck:
- Lift hood
- Inspect under the hood
- Inspect/Clean Truck:
- Walk around and check under carriage
- Pump gas
- Check fluid levels and air tires
- Creates, prepares, maintains and supplies regulation-mandated reports and documents as required by All-Points Waste Services.
- Responsible for all staff members working on vehicle during designated waste routes.
- Must comply with all Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
- May be required to work during emergency situations.
- Must have a Class B CDL valid for the state in which the position works. Requires a clean driving record.
- At least 1 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL within the past 7 (seven) years.
- Current Motor Vehicle Report.
- Exhibit normal range of body motion.
- Manipulate heavy equipment control levers.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Understand refuse collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices; understanding of Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Maintain written records and service responses.
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers. dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.
- See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
- Drive a front-end, side, rear-end, or roll off loading refuse truck, including right-hand driver’s. position on certain equipment, observing legal and defensive driving practices.
- Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
- Follow a designated refuse collection route or work schedule.
After reading the information above, if you believe you are a good candidate to join our team, contact us today!